4.12.2011

Why a Blog?

I never thought I would be one to write a blog, but here I am. The goal of this blog is to, hopefully, reach out to others who have babies who are classified as "failure to thrive". I know there are others out there going through this, but sometimes it can feel like you are the only one. The sleepless nights, wondering when she's going to catch up to the other babies, the lack of answers after all the testing, and the day to day life of caring for a baby going through this can be stressful.

I hope to find others going through this or have gone through this. There are so many causes of failure to thrive and it is frustrating to not know why your baby can't eat what she should to gain the weight that other babies their age are gaining.

I am in contact with, as of a few weeks ago, a mother of a child who had difficulty gaining weight when he was an infant. Although everyone's story is different, it is comforting to hear the stories of others that have gone through a similar difficult situation. This woman told me once that she once told herself that god had such trust in her to trust this baby who needed so much attention. I thought that was such a positive way to look at the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment